*** >>> NEW DIVE SITE <<< ***
This wreck site was discovered by accident in 1956 when the Elda, racing in the Newport to Bermuda race, wrecked almost on top of her. The Eagle, one of the first supply ships to the new colony of Bermuda, was owned by the Virginia Company (the same company that owned the Sea Venture), and sailed under the command of Captain George Withy. She made her last voyage from Plymouth to Jamestown, Virginia carrying passengers and cargo. The Eagle wrecked on 12 January 1659, but all on board made it to safety in the lifeboats. A variety of artifacts have been recovered from the site, but all that is readily visible are three cannons laying on the sea floor. The surrounding reefs provide some interesting swim-throughs as well.
Choose a dive date below to go to the photographs taken on that date.
17 September 2006